ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) is designed to help you use the products, services, and equipment provided by VeriStor Cloud Services (Services), and ensure that you understand the policies and procedures we have developed to comply with certain laws and regulations. All users of the VeriStor Cloud Services must comply with this AUP. This AUP is made part of all other documents that reference it, including Master Service Agreements, Service Level Agreements, and Statements of Work. Your use and/or continuation of the Services constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the VeriStor AUP. It is your responsibility, and contractual obligation, to ensure that your affiliates, agents, and/or Customers (End User(s)) comply with this AUP at all times.
Based upon the dynamic nature of the Internet and Cloud / Web Services, VeriStor reserves the right to make changes to this AUP at any time, and without notice. This AUP may not represent all possible ways in which you or your Customers, agents, or affiliates may engage in unacceptable behavior. We reserve the right to determine, in our sole and exclusive judgment, what activities are unacceptable.
This AUP includes other Acceptable Use Policies that may be ‘passed through’ by other entities whose products and services are used to deliver VeriStor Cloud Services to you. VeriStor will make applicable additional Acceptable Use Policies upon request.
SUSPENSION & / OR TERMINATION OF SERVICE & SERVICE FEES
VeriStor reserves the right to refuse to provide the Services at our sole discretion and may suspend or terminate current Services at any time, should you (or any of your affiliates, agents, and/or Customers) violate any element of this AUP. Any termination or suspension may be undertaken with, or without, notice to you. Any suspension or termination of services due to a violation of this AUP is void of any service refund of any prior fees paid to VeriStor for those Services delivered as part of the VeriStor Cloud Services.
INAPPROPRIATE / ILLEGAL USE
The VeriStor Cloud Services are to be used in a manner that is consistent with the intended purpose of the VeriStor Cloud Services. You may not use, or facilitate use of, the Services in a manner, which violates any applicable law or regulation. Users shall not use the VeriStor Cloud Services in order to transmit, distribute, or store material:
- In violation of any applicable law or regulation, including export of encryption laws or regulation
- That may have an adverse affect on the stability and performance of the VeriStor Cloud Service or other VeriStor Cloud Service Customers
- That may expose VeriStor to criminal or civil liability
Other examples of prohibited use are, but not limited to:
- Forging, misrepresenting, omitting, or deleting message headers, return mailing information, and/or internet protocol addresses, to conceal or misidentify the origin of a message
- Creating or sending Internet viruses, worms, or Trojan horses, floor or mail bombs, or engaging in denial of service attacks
- Hacking, and/or subverting, or assisting other in subverting, the security or integrity of the VeriStor Cloud Services, products, or systems
- Soliciting the performance of any illegal activity, even if the activity itself is not performed, and/or
- Acting in any manner that might subject VeriStor to unfavorable regulatory action, subject VeriStor to any liability for any reason, or adversely affect the public image, reputation or goodwill, as determined by VeriStor in our sole and exclusive discretion.
- Users are also prohibited from facilitating the violation of any part of this AUP or another provider’s AUP, including, but not limited to, transmitting, distributing, or otherwise making available any product or service that violates this AUP or another provider’s AUP.
If you become aware of any violation of this policy, you agree to notify VeriStor immediately and to assist, to the best of your ability, with any investigation and attempts to stop or remedy the violation.
Violation notifications and/or other inquires may be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries must include working and consistently monitored email address and phone number contact information as well as your first and last name. Anonymous complaints will not be reviewed.
VeriStor does not review, edit, or take any responsibility for data, content, or material created, stored, or made accessible through the Services, and, as a result, does not accept responsibility from Customers, agents, affiliates, or other third-parties, for any resulting damages or liabilities.
INAPPROPRIATE / ILLEGAL CONTENT
You may not use or facilitate use of Services to transmit, store, display, or otherwise make available any content that is inappropriate, as reasonably determined by VeriStor, or material that is otherwise illegal, harmful, fraudulent, or offensive, or that infringes the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others. This includes, but is not limited to, data that is reasonably determined by VeriStor to be obscene (including child pornography), defamatory, libelous, threatening, abusive, hateful, or excessively violent.
SECURITY VIOLATIONS & NETWORK ABUSE
You may not use or facilitate the use of Services to violate the security or integrity of any network, computer, or communications system, software application, or other network-attached device that is part of the VeriStor Cloud Services or a VeriStor Customer environment. This includes obtaining or attempting to obtain unauthorized access to a system without permission as well as unauthorized port-scanning or and/or vulnerability testing. You may not make or attempt to make network connections to any systems, networks, or network devices to which you are not authorized for.
VeriStor reserves the right to take immediate action to suspend or terminate a Customer account if, in our sole and exclusive discretion, the Customer is engaging in activities that jeopardize the security of VeriStor, the security of VeriStor customers, or of the Internet in general. Such action may be taken with or without prior notice to the Customer.
US EXPORT CONTROLS
All use of the VeriStor Cloud Services by any Customer or End User is governed by U.S. export control law. These laws apply whether or not a Customer or End User actually resides within the United States. More information about U.S. export laws can be found at http://www.export.gov/regulation/index.asp. These laws prohibit:
- Selling certain production and services outside of the U.S., though you may be allowed to sell them in the U.S.; and/or
- Doing business with individuals or entities with whom the U.S. citizens may not do business.